Monday, June 30, 2014

For the Birds!... Literally!

Since around Mid-March, Mike and I have been on "Mission: Yard Beautification." That huge project will have its own post once it has been completed (or semi-completed). We are hoping to have it done by the end of July.

One of the smaller projects I really wanted to do for our yard was to make a topsy-turvy flower pot/bird bath. I got my inspiration from this project I saw on Pinterest. I had a few ups & downs while working on this DIY project, but I am pleased with the outcome. Here is the final project:


The final piece
Painted the rim black on the
terra cotta pots from Lowe's
(our "Party" store)


First trial of stacking the pots,
and it failed shortly after
this picture was taken.
Ended up with a cracked bottom pot.
My adorable blue bird from Michael's
(my "Toy" store)
 



No comments: